Tuesday, March 15, 2011


This captures the intensity of Corbin Weeks on the beach. He would dive into the sand where the beach meets the water and come up with every body part totally covered in sand. Sand was in his ear, it was definitely in his butt crack, and he even tried a couple of tastes here and there. He had SO much fun at Seagrove. He met some lady friends (retired women) who just adored him and wanted to play all afternoon. One day we even coaxed him into a nap on the beach under the umbrella. It was such a nice getaway for both of us. Joi and Chip have a super sweet beach house within walking distance of the gulf. It was even warm enough one day for me to swim! Minus the occasional idiot college kid littering the beach with Corona bottles, it was gorgeous. The white sand and green water are unlike the gritty gray sand of the east coast beaches. I certainly enjoyed the lack of rough waves. On Monday we rode bikes fifteen miles on the paved trail that runs parallel to the shoreline; Corbin had the best time riding in the trailer. He and Chili Cat just enjoyed the ride while I pedaled so happily (haven't been on a bicycle in a long time). It was awesome. Going to have to invest in a trailer to hook up to my bike! We stopped for ice cream along the path too. That's the kind of ride I like. For sure.
Highlights include: daily beach walks, digging in the sand with Corbin, eating a gourmet grilled cheese at Seaside, drinking a delicious mojito, splitting my ONLY pair of nice jeans so completely that they had to be thrown away. Can we say "hello butt cheeks?!" I had a minor rip in them when Joi and I hopped in the truck to go to the grocery store the first night. The next morning when we went to rent a bicycle for Corbin, I test drove a beach cruiser. As I lifted my leg up to get on the bicycle I felt and heard the distinct sound of my Joe's Jeans splitting apart at the crotch seam. Oh well. They lived a happy and short (for their price!) life. Because those were the only pants I packed besides running spandex, I had to go shopping for a new pair at Ann Taylor Loft. They were decidedly much cheaper replacements, but very comfortable ;)
Yes, I violated the spending pact of the Weeks household. We have very much enjoyed our spring break.

2 comments:

Libba said...

hahhhahahaaa!! oh wow. what fun adventures! thanks for sharing! so super glad you've had this break. looking forward to you coming home too, though. :O)

The Blanton Family said...

No way, that's not a violation! You split your britches and therefore NEEDED new pants. But if you do consider it a violation, you've done well my friend! You made it longer than I would have. Glad you're on your way home... I have a super sweet pair of Gap khakis awaiting your return :)