Just wanted to share the entanglement that is parenting a 2.5 year old. We have been trying new tactics with discipline as the trusty time out doesn't always work in public places (i.e. there are no remote corners in which he can "reflect" at a playground). So, I've employed the counting method. You know, "Mommy will count to three and if you haven't stopped throwing rocks, we will leave...."
He normally pushes until I've started to say three, and I think he's not listening or responding well to this technique. Just when I was about to give up on counting to three, Corbin reversed the role on me twice today. First, at nap time he told me I needed to listen and be nice. Then he counted to three and told me (at the end of counting) that his Wall E robot toy would be sleeping in his crib with him at nap time. Uh, what?! How do you know to do this to me, little boy? So, I compromised and allowed Wall E to sleep on the floor. I just couldn't resist how calmly he communicated his wishes. Normally he will stomp his feet, squeal, and roll on the ground. I was impressed and confused by his tactics. ha ha ha
Then, he had been lying in bed for about thirty minutes when I heard his sweet little voice, "sixteen,seventeen,eighteen, nineteen, MAMA!!!" I went into his room and he very calmly said, "I counted a lot of numbers cause you weren't listening." Then I smelled that old familiar smell to which I questioned, "Were you counting because you needed me to change your pull up?"
"Um, yeah, mommy, I pooped while I was sleeping and I waked up." Too cute!! Messy,stinky, but cute.
2 comments:
lol! what a smart little dude! loooove it.
lol! what a smart little dude! loooove it.
Post a Comment