Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh, hello blog.
Nice to see you.
I have been intentionally ignoring you because I want to do a little more living and a lot less "computering"
That said, it's about time I oblige some family members with an update and photos.

Life is good. Really good.
I was reminded of that tonight as I was in the check-out line at Store X. I went in to buy a few baby shower supplies for Rachel's upcoming shower and noticed one of Corbin's former teachers from his daycare when he was a wee tike. He went there for about a year on a part-time basis and this one particular lady was very kind to him and always chatted with me in the mornings. Said lady was the cashier for me this evening and so, naturally, I asked if she is stilling working at the child development center. To which she replies yes, but that she's working a second job in the evenings for health benefits because the daycare doesn't offer health insurance. Whoah! That blew me away. Seriously?! Not only are they working long hours in a small space with a lot of small,needy people, but they're doing it with NO benefits?! I thanked my lucky stars right then. It is easy to bemoan the little things going wrong or the mundane crap we deal with, but at the end of each day I am SO thankful for a warm home, good food, safety, and health insurance. LIfe is tough. It really is hard for so many people to just survive it. I have a comfortable and lucky existence. Just felt like writing that down. It will be a good reminder on a day when I want to whine.

Corbin has been a love and delight as usual. He has been spending his afternoons playing hide-n-seek with me, riding bikes, painting, building sewer facilities with legos, and cooking in the kitchen with me. Turns out all I have to do is put a little flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl for him to whisk. Yes, he loves a whisk. And he's happy ;)

1 comment:

Weeks said...

Photos will be uploaded tomorrow