I have been meaning to write down all the cute things Corbin says for a while now.
And , of course, because I have waited too long, I am having a hard time remembering them all.
Today he was singing "fumpity, fump, fump. Fumpity, fump fump. Wook at Frosty go" with the biggest grin on his face in the backseat of the truck. I could have bottled that up and put it in my soul for re-call on a bad day.
He calls his school the O'Meal School. It's O'Neal and no matter how many times I correct him, he will still call it that.
Two days ago we were on Airport Road heading to O'Meal and he randomly said, "I can't see the new Harris Teeter from here, but you always say it's close to school. When something is close it's supposed to be where you can see it." I just thought this was incredibly observant on his part.
I have been quick to lose my temper lately in the mornings because we are perpetually late and no verbiage (c'mon. your friends at school are waiting.... we're late for an important date.... hurry,hurry....) will make Corbo speed up. So, today when I sighed out loud and told him to "hurry up!" He looked at me and said, "Mama, just be happy."
WOW. That really touched me. He's right. Just be happy. How does it fix anything to be grumpy and flustered. Seriously, I learn more from Corbin than anybody else these days.
So, I put a smile on my face and said, "you're right, buddy-ro. I am happy."
He is chock full of Corbinisms and one of my favorites lately is his request for "leg pants" each morning when I'm getting him ready for school. He will say, "Mama, I need a fancy shirt and leg pants." It's so cute. What other kind of pants is there?
I love him.
1 comment:
BAha! leg pants! so funny. cute cute. yes, i'm already forgetting what it was like when nathan started babbling like crazy without any intelligible words so i'm hoping to take video/blog about little things he says or does. good luck to me, right? ha. and "o'meal"??? SO funny.
Post a Comment