Sunday, December 26, 2010















Sledding!!! Sledding!!! Sledding!!!! I was a happy kid today. Matt was a happy kid today. AND Grandaddy and Mema were happy kids today. There aren't too many things in life that bring out our inner children. This morning we took Corbin out to build a snowman and have a snowball fight. Next we had some hot chocolate and took a slow drive to Chapel Hill to visit Mema and Grandaddy. All of us bundled up and hit the hills of the golf course on some sleds. It was the most fun I've had in a while. The sky was amazing today with a silver cloud cover and a dull sun peeking through. The dim golden rays were shining down on the snow-covered branches. The best part of the day was seeing the excitement on Corbin's face. All afternoon he would just hop on the sled with whichever adult was doing a "run." He was the little sled mooch. Thanks to my coworker, Farrah Scodius, he had a sweet little snow suit. It couldn't have been any more perfect for him. I'm so glad Corbin loves the snow as much as I do! He would randomly say, "We're in snow. There's lots of snow. I'm sledding and I'm not scared. I'm the snow-bot. It's fun!" So,so,so precious. We had a very Merry Christmas and I'm loving every minute of having time off with Matt and Corbin.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

How cool is that! What a wonderful Christmas our little man has had!

Libba said...

YAY!!! oh i just love all of this and can't wait until nathan is older and appreciates it all too! we were without internet up at josh's parents and i felt pretty disconnected. but we had to keep the snow fun to just between us adults. thanks for sharing!