Pyro! We definitely have a boy. Corbin really enjoyed playing with sparklers at Mema and Grandaddy's house over Thanksgiving break. I'm starting to post things out of order lately. My apologies! I'm just going through photos from this year as we approach 2011, and I have found a few that bring back great memories. Now, for a completely unrelated and not-so-great memory: two days ago I woke up to find Corbin smearing poo all over the bathroom. He was standing on the floor with his pants around his ankles, hand towel in hand, and a worried look on his face. He looked up at me and said, "Uh, oh, hi, Mama. I'm just cleaning up. I pooped. I'm not done yet. Just cleaning it up with a towel." I couldn't get made at him because he's just so sweet when he knows he might be in trouble. Poor thing was trying to make it better. Ah, the joys of parenting. When he realized his efforts were futile, he handed me the towel and said, "now it's your turn. K? Oh, clean up that too, Mommy" (he pointed to more on the floor of our laundry room). From now on when he is quiet much past 7 a.m., I will know that something isn't right. :)
No more poop talk.
This weekend went by so fast. A blur, really. I did a painfully long run on Saturday with a very talented Army athlete named Emily Potter. She basically handed me my butt in a sling at the end of it. Two hours of 10 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy through "horse country" was her long workout, and I tagged along. She seriously hammered me hard, but I felt really proud of my efforts. I haven't run that long or hard since the marathon in March. I'm paying for it today with some sore muscles. Friday night we took Corbin to the E.R. at around midnight for croup, and thus, we were kind of floating through the weekend due to lack of sleep. We all finally got into bed around 2 a.m. So, I was a little impressed with myself that I actually showed up for a long run the following morning. :0
I'm getting so excited for my family's visit in January! I need to figure out what kind of goody bag to hand out at Corbin's party. Aaaaaaand what kind of cake or cupcakes to bake. Decisions,decisions.
Now I'm just rambling.
But, one more thing- Matt's Christmas gift to me is a set of super nice knives for the kitchen. I sliced an orange today like it was butter. Oooooooooh, ahhhhhh. I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment