Sunday, October 31, 2010

Forgive the poor quality of this pic.
Trick or Treat!
Corbin learned the phrase and shouted it to me from the wagon as I was pulling him from house to house, but he would only whisper it at each door. He was brave in most cases- ringing the door bell and standing next to me. At the houses with scary skeletons or big spiders, however, he would cling to me and say, "pick me up, mama!"
It made me feel good to know that he really is still a little boy. I called him "baby" tonight and he corrected me with: "I'm Buzz!"
Lately he has been pretending all sorts of things. It's really a fun stage for us. He will carry on conversations with his stuffed animals and wants to be referred to as either Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen or Plex (the robot). All I can say is that it's better than my childhood imagination name-Nora. I had a great time pulling Corbin through the neighborhood in a radio flyer while he munched on candy. I wore a head lamp because the neighborhood has no street lights. We received about as many comments regarding the novelty of my headlamp as we did Corbin's Buzz outfit. So odd. I guess our neighbors just prefer to walk around in the dark?? I saw one other family with a flash light. Anyway, it was a fun night to be Corbin's mommy. He did a great job on his first trick-or-treating outing, and he told me that he wants to go again tomorrow. Oh boy....

1 comment:

Libba said...

i laughed out loud about the comments regarding your head lamp. that's a riot. and you're a nice mama for pulling him along in a wagon too! cute.