Saturday, September 4, 2010
I always feel like I have to have a picture of Corbin doing something cute before I can post to the blog. It dawned on me today while I was painting our front porch's railing: there are no blogger.com rules. I am posting sans pictures, people! I just wanted to ramble about a few things. First, Corbin and I made a trip to the ER today so that the nurses and doctor could patch up his boo boo. He took a pretty hard fall on our driveway while racing around in his "bwu cwocks." He loves those shoes, but they are not made for toddler running. I am happy to announce that he was such a big boy in the ER!! Several nurses came into our room to visit him because the physician's assistant was bragging on how brave and patient he was being. When she came in for the first time to check out the status of the boo boo, he said to her, "Hi. I just havin' a hard day." She looked at me, and said, "Oh my goodness. He's too cute!" I allowed Corbin to bring Buzz Lightyear into the hospital. Buzz is our go-to guy. I mean, he is a Space Ranger. So, one of the nurses wanted a Buzz demonstration. Corbin said, "Well, he has a laser and makes noises." It was surprisingly a slow Saturday; no epic waiting room stories to share. You'll have to refer back to my visit with Matt to the ER a few months ago after he busted his ear drum playing at the water park. Anyway, we left without stitches- just some glue on his knee and steri strips. Now, the second thing is that I love flowers! It is quintessentially girlie, but it's true. We planted pansies with the hopes that their presences will usher in cooler temps. Anyway, I instantly feel better about the non-appealing curbside appeal of our "lawn." It's tough to live in a rental house because we don't want to sink our hard-earned dollars into transforming the wasteland that is our so-called yard. For instant pick-me-up, the flowers work. Last, but not least, I was reflecting today on why it's so neat to be a parent. Here's what I came up with: It has allowed me an opportunity to love in a way that I haven't before (i.e. catching somebody's turds with my bare hands, allowing that same person to puke in my face and pee on my carpet), has transformed parts of myself that I was either too lazy or too unaware of to change before becoming a mommy. In other words, I am a better version of myself with previously untapped love oozing from my being. And really,really clean hands. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment