I have an awesome family!!! Corbin and I had such an enjoyable visit with my aunt and uncle. I realize just how much I miss them every time I visit. WHY do we wait so long in between visits?
Let me start by saying that they were TOO good to me- gave me a spa day for my birthday visit (in addition to many delicious meals cooked by Chef Chippy). I didn't quite know what to do with myself at first. A quiet room full of magazines? A warm, bubbling spa? A steam room? A lounge with fruit and peppermint tea? An outdoor pool with a waterfall and water slide? Holy Crap! I think I just might be able to relax for a few hours. I capped off my lizarding between pool, spa,and steam room with a 25 minute upper body massage. My shoulder and back are thanking Jo Jo and Chips. So, after that, I fly into RDU where my sweet hubby and mother-in-law picked us up from the airport. When I got home, Matt ordered a romantic comedy (hard for him to do, trust me!) from our cable company and then he gave me a VERY cute dress from Anthropologie along with sweet-smelling perfume. I feel so special and very girly! He surprised me, and I'm so thankful. Finally, my gracious mama sent me birthday loot in the mail and called me early this morning to chat from her office. I feel special since it's next to impossible for her to chat on the phone at work! Lynz sent me a thoughtful text, and Chippy called me today. Corbin shouted, "I wanna go to your birfday mama!!!" I told him he's already there, but he didn't quite understand. I think he expects a party. ha ha ha
I LOVE my family! Thanks for being so great! Happy 3rd decade to me!
2 comments:
Ahem, you also have a homemade card in the mail. Probably late. :)
way to go matt! he gave you an anthropolgie dress??? AWESOME!!! i MUST see it!
Post a Comment