Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Berry picking is hard work! Corbin and I hit a local running trail today armed with a basket and a sippy cup full of ice water. Despite the 92 degree HUMID heat, he did really well. He stopped first to pick a few flowers. There were wild "black-eyed Susans" out there on the trail. When he picked a flower he would say, "ooooh, so pwetty swower. I pick you." Too precious!!! We saw a deer at the top of the hill eating some of the berries, and Corbin said, "let's pway with the deer." Unfortunately, we spooked the deer and he ran off into the woods. After that, the deer was the topic of Corbin's repetitive chatter. I must have heard a hundred times, "Mama, that deer run away cause he scared. But maybe he will come back later. He's resting. He eats berries. I do too." Speaking of, Corbin ate one berry for every two that I picked. The basket was not filling up very quickly. ha ha!! I love spending lazy summer afternoons with him. He is the best companion (unless he's tired,hungry, or poopy pants).

No comments: