It's Thursday, July 7th. Sunday, the 10th we board the plane to California.
It is still not sinking in fully. We're going across the country in three days. Three days later Corbin will be rolled into the anesthesia department and I might just crawl out of my skin. I'm hoping to tame the anxiety with books and a "teach yourself to knit" kit. Yes, I will be attempting it. Again.
Lately we've been squeezing every bit of summer fun out of this fleeting summer that we can. We have made several trips to Mema's pool. Corbin even put his face in with goggles on this past Monday!! That is true progress as he was reluctant to even get his face wet in the pre-swimming shower at swim lessons just a few weeks ago. He has had a blast with his bicycle, tricycle, sand box, and swimming pool this summer. I am sitting here thinking that it has flown by, but in remembering everything we've done since Memorial Day, it has been a pretty packed month of fun. We have settled into a little routine of twice-weekly trips to the reservoir trail. He rides his tricycle (with big off road tires) around the lake and then hops into the jogging stroller so that I can jog around it. That makes a total of just a little more than 4 miles. We spread out a blanket near the geese and have a picnic. Corbin likes to share crackers and goldfish with the geese and ducks. When we aren't chilling on the back deck in the sand box or riding circles in the cul de sac, we can be found on regional adventures;)
I have gotten a little braver as Corbin gets older. We went to the beach by ourselves and camping. The camping trip was so refreshing and evoked such fond memories of Blowing Rock and Boone. As I hiked the trail around Price Lake with Corbin on my back I couldn't help remember countless climbing trips with my Dad and sister, family camping/hiking trips, grueling road bike rides on the parkway, training runs with my ASU teammates. I LOVE western North Carolina. It holds a special place in my heart. I hope to be able to share it and enjoy it more with Corbin. After all, how bad is a three hour car ride when you get to see spectacularly gentle mountains fading into the blue horizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment