Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ear surgery is behind us. Sort of.
The procedure was successful. Our little man is recovering. He had multiple skin grafts from abdomen, thigh, and skull.
He had an incision on his skull to vascularize the ear implant. He was a real trooper and I'm just overwhelmed with emotions. I love Corbin more than words can express. God is good.

2 comments:

The Blanton Family said...

You and your family are amazingly strong. I am proud of all of you. I know yesterday was especially rough for you, but I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say "team Corbin" was on pins and needles all day.

Libba said...

Ditto to Leigh. I'm so proud of you, Heather, and wish we could all be around to support you better. Alice told me how hard it was for them when Joey had emergency surgery as an 8 year old. And also told me about a family they observed (while they were in the waiting room during Joey's surgery) giving their baby over to have a minor surgery done on his navel. They broke down handing him over to the doctor. She and I both boo-hooed as she told me the story. I can only imagine, a little bit, how hard it was to turn Corbo over to the hands of the doctors. Good job and thanks for the updates.