Wednesday, April 20, 2011


We're climbing trees, folks! He is growing at such a rapid rate now. I want to tell the universe to put the brakes on. Matt leaves again very soon and I am sorry to report that I believe he is still in a lot of pain with his back. We have enjoyed having him here, but I wish he could have found more relief. The giant needle used to inject steroids into his back yesterday has left him very tender. Tension always amps up right before a separation. You'd think after YEARS of this that we'd be pros at taming those emotions. Anyway, back to the boy. A few hilarious comments to share. Among this week's best-
1. As we were driving to Corbin's "school" Monday morning I was listening to Frank Sinatra on satellite radio. Corbin yelled from the backseat, "is that Santa Claus on your radio?!"
2.When C invited me into the bathroom to inspect his poop yesterday, he declared while flushing- "that brown poop goes down the sewer pipe manhole, mama"
3.Tucking him into bed tonight he said, referring to himself as a robot,: " This robot sure does miss his mommy when she goes to work, but he gets happy when she comes home."

1 comment:

Libba said...

bahahah! what a funny and smart kid! and that 3rd quote was just precious. i love how he refers to himself as a robot in such situations. maybe so he doesn't seem as vulnerable? what an amazing little mind. and great job climbing the tree! sorry to hear about matt's back. i hope he's able to enjoy his work and not hurt it again.