Saturday, April 21, 2012
Corbin's very sweet preschool class took a field trip to a fellow classmate's farm. It was a gorgeous day! The kiddos sampled all kinds of vegetables from the garden, they planted their very own flowers in Easter cups, ate pizza, chased each other, and managed to sit still for a few photos. It's much like herding cats when trying to coax 3 and 4 year olds into a photo shoot.
The next day Corbin and I hopped into Granddaddy and Mema's SUV and drove all the way to Maryland. He was such a great little car companion. He didn't complain at all when we hit stand-still traffic a few times on 95. I sure did though. That drive isn't particularly hard, but it always seems to be packed with vehicles. We arrived at aunt Kelly and uncle Kevin's cute new house at around 7:30 p.m. We were just in time for some grilled tuna and wasabi. Delicious! We told Corbin the tuna was chicken and he ate it. ha ha ha
Kelly had such a fun weekend planned for us. It was really nice to not be the person setting the schedule (as I'm always tasked with that at home). We went to the zoo on Friday and despite the crowds (Easter and spring break kids), we had a great visit. Corbin seemed to be a little tired. He was mostly interested in viewing the big cats. This is a shot of him looking at the tiger.
He knows his way around the city ;) Little man likes to push the crosswalk signal button and he showed us just what a responsible boy he can be when he crossed without holding an adult's hand. The long walk back to the car was just what he needed to solidify a post-zoo nap in the car.
That evening he dyed eggs with Kelly and then Kevin, Kelly, Corbin, and I decorated them. Corbin told a "joke" and was really cracking himself up about it. He decorated an egg and then would hide it behind his back exclaiming, "Look! I have hidden the knight-in-shining-egg!" It's neat to see his sense of humor develop. Until I became a parent, I never thought about how humor develops. Right now Corbin is moving out of what I call the slapstick phase (where all it takes is Daddy pretending to fall down to elicit riotous laughter) and into basic jokes. I asked him what sound a dinosaur makes when he's sleeping. The punchline is: dino-snore. And he thinks it's hilarious. I also asked him where Chili Cat buys groceries. To which I reply: "the fresh meow-ket." I'll be here all night....
Anyway, laughing is a big deal to me. So, it's pretty awesome that my son is a goof ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! Awesome. Great to hear all about the MD trip and Corbin's humor. Very neat indeed!
More!! More!!
Post a Comment