Mono is less than fantastic. It's the opposite, in fact. However, I'm trying REALLY hard to see the silver lining- so here goes:
We have had lazy mornings cuddling in bed watching The Three Stooges Clips on Daddy's iPad or iPhone and we have enjoyed leisurely breakfasts for the past four mornings (omelets.. mmmmm)
I have taken two crawlingly slow walks through the neighborhood and have actually been moving slowly enough to see a black squirrel, fun Halloween decorations, a cute bunny with a bushy tail, some funny golf shots, and clouds sweeping across the sky. These are all things I would have missed had I been suffering through a run (though I miss it dearly!!!!)
Come to understand that I am not talented in the crafty domestics. I must fix this. Had I a single knitting/crocheting/scrapbooking bone in my body, this viral-induced down time would be a welcome chance to create something. About the only artsy thing I have accomplished has been to paint a pumpkin.
I have seen a few good movies. One in particular was pretty heavy, but really stuck with me for a while. It was a documentary about how the Bible's verses are misused to strip people of human rights. Really powerful. I can't remember the name, unfortunately (Because the Bible Told Me So?).
When I have felt a sudden burst of uninfected energy, I have cleaned out a few closets. Corbin has grown A LOT this past year. I'm donating many tee shirts that have suddenly become belly shirts. And pants too. He's a tall lanky thing.
Today we went to the pumpkin patch. It was nice little outing. Corbin would have filled up the wagon with every pumpkin he walked past. Good thing we set the one pumpkin limit early. He discarded a wonderfully round orange pumpkin for this little yellow hybrid of a thing. It's hard to tell whether it's a squash, gourd or pumpkin, but he loves it.
No comments:
Post a Comment