Wednesday, August 17, 2011

PreSchool

Today was Corbin's first day at O'Neal's preschool. On the way I asked Corbin if he was excited and he said, "yea, I'm a teacher at O' Meal. I have to teach people stuff." (He always calls it O'Meal) And then he was quiet for a second and said, "What is a teacher?"
We discussed that for a minute and then he said, "well, I'm just going to play at my school." I guess teaching didn't sound too interesting. We pulled into the parking lot and he announced "I am not going to cry, Mama. When you drop me off, I am just going to say bye." I was relieved to hear that because seeing him look so grown up with a backpack certainly made me want to cry. When I picked him up he was smiling and pretending to be a super hero. All of the kids were gathered around Mrs. Vest, their sweet teacher, reading a book. Corbin was holding puzzle pieces up to his body. They were from a super hero puzzle. He was listening to the story while simultaneously balancing these puzzle pieces in the correct places on his body. He had a wooden torso and cape resting on his belly and wooden eyes resting on top of his nose. Mrs. Vest said, "he is so sweet, and so kind, and just really responsible for his age. He ate all his lunch too!"
I asked Corbin if he was ready to go and he said, "Nah. Mama. I'm having fun here."
THAT is exactly what I wanted to hear!!!! :) I am so thrilled that he had a great first day.
We were walking out the door when he said, "I need to give Connor a smooch." I realized Connor is his little buddy (a boy!) and quickly said, "oh, how about a high five instead?" They high-fived and then he marched right out. I'd say it was successful.

1 comment:

Libba said...

BIIIG laughs!! What a hilarious kid! I'm so glad you documented all of that. Way to go Corbin!