
How did this little guy turn three last month?! I'm just obviously dumbfounded. Some rummaging through baby photos has given me the sting of nostalgia. Those baby moments sure do fly by. Sniff Sniff. See that sweet little ear?! I won't be kissing on that after this July. It will be a big ear. I have grown quite fond of his little peanut. Sweet Corbin had a visit to the audiologist today and the first thing he said to her was "I'm ready to have my ear fixed." She smiled at him and said, "well, I'm just going to check your hearing today. You'll get that new ear this summer." I thought it was pretty awesome that Corbin was able to vocalize his desire to have his ear fixed. It's a little sad that he thinks his ear has to be fixed, but that's probably my fault. Lack of vocabulary :)
We should have just told him the doctor was going to make his little ear match his big ear. After all, Corbin was created with one little ear and one big ear. He doesn't need "fixing," just some modifying. I love my boy so much and I am trying desperately to savor every day with him as he's speeding through toddlerhood. His hearing was normal today and he did so great with the three tests. He was able to repeat all of the words on the kindergarten list. The audiologist whispers the special words into a microphone outside the sound booth; Corbin hears the transmission through headphones and is supposed to repeat the words back. He sounded so sweet repeating: "playground, back pack, ice cream, hot dog, wish..." He looks so cute sitting there in the chair concentrating with big headphones on. I'll stop gushing now. One last thing- he totally embarrassed me at the playground after his appointment when he announced to the world: "I'm a weiner. I go in the weiner hole." WHAT?! I think I'll have a chat with the teachers at his preschool. Who's talking about weiner holes? We need to put a stop to that. I couldn't help laugh out loud and when I did, other parents joined in.
1 comment:
awwe!!! i love reading all about his appointment especially after getting to hang out with him yesterday. i enjoyed chatting with him so much. he's so smart!
Post a Comment