Corbin has started “riding” his cool tricycle that Aunt Joi and Uncle Chip bought him for his 2nd birthday. He loves to go around the cul-de-sac ringing the bell and saying, “I go fast!!” It’s true, he goes fast. He goes fast on and off the bike. Basically, if he isn’t sitting to have a meal, he is running laps through the kitchen and great room. Our open,spacious floor plan has afforded him the perfect track. He recently figured out how to kick the soccer ball. No more handball violations for Corbo (though he still prefers to throw the football). We spent Easter with Matt’s extended family at Josh and Sue’s, and we welcomed May with some popsicles and kite flying. Corbin is a voracious little reader. By that I mean, he mandates: “Mama, you read Big Joe’s Tractor Truck. Mama, I want to hear about Pout Pout Fish. Mama you read Bible.” It’s fine by me. I love to read to him, and I think it’s amazing when he starts retelling the stories on our daily walks through the neighborhood. He will say from his stroller seat, “Dat pout pout fish sad. He give smooch. Da Clam is happy.” It’s just one of the sweetest things in the world. He has developed attachment to a few more random things. Nothing beats the vacuum, but fighting for a close second are gutters, cable and electric boxes in the neighborhood, and fire hydrants. In front of the ice cream store in downtown Southern Pines, he was actually hugging the fire hydrant on the street corner. When I told him it was time to go, he said, “bye bye fye hydwant. see da next time.” Do people think we’re odd? Of course they do!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Corbin has started “riding” his cool tricycle that Aunt Joi and Uncle Chip bought him for his 2nd birthday. He loves to go around the cul-de-sac ringing the bell and saying, “I go fast!!” It’s true, he goes fast. He goes fast on and off the bike. Basically, if he isn’t sitting to have a meal, he is running laps through the kitchen and great room. Our open,spacious floor plan has afforded him the perfect track. He recently figured out how to kick the soccer ball. No more handball violations for Corbo (though he still prefers to throw the football). We spent Easter with Matt’s extended family at Josh and Sue’s, and we welcomed May with some popsicles and kite flying. Corbin is a voracious little reader. By that I mean, he mandates: “Mama, you read Big Joe’s Tractor Truck. Mama, I want to hear about Pout Pout Fish. Mama you read Bible.” It’s fine by me. I love to read to him, and I think it’s amazing when he starts retelling the stories on our daily walks through the neighborhood. He will say from his stroller seat, “Dat pout pout fish sad. He give smooch. Da Clam is happy.” It’s just one of the sweetest things in the world. He has developed attachment to a few more random things. Nothing beats the vacuum, but fighting for a close second are gutters, cable and electric boxes in the neighborhood, and fire hydrants. In front of the ice cream store in downtown Southern Pines, he was actually hugging the fire hydrant on the street corner. When I told him it was time to go, he said, “bye bye fye hydwant. see da next time.” Do people think we’re odd? Of course they do!
Labels:
Spring 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love love love!!!! Ha!! Hugging fire hydrants is an awesome hobby! Anyone who finds it odd just needs to try it. Corbin is so incredibly smart!
Just love it!
Mema :-)
Thanks for the update! He is such a precious little person. Love you!! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment